Thursday 30 May 2013

Death of the OMD EM5

The trip that finished the EM5 was my tour around Scotland by motorbike. I hang the camera around my neck and leave it in the mode I want, switched off. Then when I wish to take a photo I grab the body with my left hand, take the lens cover off and stick it in the tankbag, flick the power on with my thumb, frame the scene by guesstimate, and use my index finger to press the shutter button. 80mph winds as the camera is exposed.



I was using the EM5 with the 12-50mm lens when wet, the 7-14mm when dry and clear, and the 20mm at night. Here are the photos.







Shutter starts to malfunction. This isn't user error.


Shutter then stays shut.


Starts to work again...


Shuts off, can't be reliably unfrozen. Battery removal sometimes works. Sometimes only time resolves the problem.




No comments:

Post a Comment